If I ask what are well-known messaging apps in today’s app market, you can give me a lot of apps’ names, don’t you? But do you know that some of these apps have limitations on different platforms? iMessage is an example of such an app. This app only runs on Apple devices. Although there are numerous methods to get this app on Android and Windows PCs. In this article, we are going to discuss methods only for Windows 10 and prior versions.
Remember that if you do any step in the wrong way, then your iOS device might not further work in the normal way.
Let’s jump into the methods.
Method-1: Using the extension “Chrome Remote Desktop”
Though this is the easiest method in getting iMessage on Windows, you should connect your Windows PC with a Mac. Moreover, you should set up the “Messages” app on that Mac. If you have a Mac desktop then follow the below steps.
Note: Steps 1-6 should be done in both computers-Mac and Windows. And when you do the connection, iMac should be connected to the Internet and not be in sleep mode.
- Download and install Google Chrome
- Sign in or log into a Google account.
Note: You should sign in or log into the same Google account from both PCs.
- Open Chrome and go to this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-remote-desktop/inomeogfingihgjfjlpeplalcfajhgai?hl=en
- Click on “Add to Chrome” button
- Click on the “Chrome Remote Desktop” icon on the top-right corner of Chrome to open the “Chrome Remote Desktop” app.
- Click on the button named “GET STARTED” under “My Computers”
- On your Mac PC, click on “Enable remote connections” and download “chrome remote desktop host” installer.
- Open the host installer and install it.
- Open “Chrome Remote Desktop” app on Mac
- Give your PC’s name and click “Next”
- Create new Pin and click “START”
- Now Go to your Windows PC. Find your Mac PC name under “My Computers”. Then double-click on it.
- Enter the PIN that you created in step 11.
- Click on “Connect”
- Now you can see Mac’s desktop through your Windows PC. To check your imessages, open the “Messages” app.
- To disconnect the connection, click on the “Stop Sharing” button at the bottom of the shared screen.
- If you disconnect the session by accident, click on “Reconnect”.
Method-2: Using iOS Emulator
This method does not require you to have a Mac PC. It only requires a third party software called iOS emulators. This software creates a virtual iOS environment on your device. So you can easily use any app which is mainly developed for Apple devices on your device by installing this software. Though you can find many emulators in the software market, you should be cautious about finding a good emulator that will not install malware and unwanted software on your device. Below are some well-known emulators you can find.
After installing one of these emulators on your Windows PC, you can enjoy iMessage on your PC.
Method-3: By Jailbreaking Your iPhone
Jailbreaking is fundamentally replacing the truly existing iOS with a more flexible operating system. With this, you can able to install custom apps on your Apple device that you can not find in Apple’s official App Store. Most importantly you can use iMessage on your Windows PC using this jailbreaking method.
But before getting started I must give you a warning. Jailbreaking your iPhone will void your warranty. So Apple will no longer fix your iPhone if something goes wrong. Further, it will have a lot of bugs and a higher risk of security vulnerabilities. Sometimes it will lose all the functionalities. Therefore We do NOT recommend you do this. Try this, only if you want to take the risk. So let’s begin.
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone?
First of all, it is better to take backups of your iPhone. Then your data will not lose. Moreover, when you do the jailbreaking, you can have better results with a clean device. Therefore restore your phone using iTunes.
- Download the jailbreak tool on your Windows PC. Examples of jailbreak tools are Pangu and TaiG.
- Run the software and continue the steps until the jailbreak process is completed.
- When the process is done, find an icon named “Cydia”. If you can not find then download it by going to this link.
“Cydia” is a substitute for Apple App Store in jailbroken iPhone.
- Open “Cydia” and purchase the “Remote Messages” app.
This app will create a web-based interface. Using that interface you can connect your iPhone’s IP address on the browser of Windows PC. Set up a password to ensure security.
- Open a browser on your Windows PC. Then type your iPhone’s IP address followed by the port number(333) in the browser URL.
Now you can access iMessage on your PC.
Now you know how to access iMessage on your Windows PC remotely. It’s a great experience, isn’t it? Now you can enjoy communicating with Apple users from your Windows PC. But be cautious to stick firmly with the instructions given when you try the above-mentioned methods. Let’s hope that Apple releases a cross-platform iMessage app soon. Happy iMessaging!!