- Click on the menu icon at the top-right corner of Google Chrome.
- Go to Settings
- Expand the “Advanced” tab
- Press on the “Privacy and security” tab under the “Advanced” main tab.
- Press on the “Site Settings”.
- Press on the button named “Add” next to the “Block”.
- Enter the website URL in the popup and then click on the “Add” button.
- Refresh the web page of your site. Now you can copy the text content that you want from that web page by selecting text or right-clicking.
Method 2: Using a Chrome Extension
You can use the Chrome extension called “Simple Allow Copy” to achieve your copy/paste goal. Follow the below steps.
- Go to this link. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simple-allow-copy/aefehdhdciieocakfobpaaolhipkcpgc?hl=en
- Press on the “Add to Chrome”.
- A popup box will appear and click on the “Add extension” button in there.
- Now you can see the “Allow Copy” icon on the address bar.
- Go to the text protected website that you want to copy. Then click on the “Allow Copy” icon. It will turn gray color into multiple colors. That means the extension is activated on that website.
- Now you can copy any text on that web page.
The purpose of this article is to help people like students and knowledge seekers. So please make sure not to do illegal things using the information you copy from websites.