If you are a hardcore gamer, most probably you will prefer a gaming console or a PC over mobile devices. But most recent iOS and Android devices contain super gaming features. Due to this, you can find many gaming consoles-only and PC-only games in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
We have great news for those who love to play games on both consoles as well as mobile devices. Now you can use the PS4 controller to play games on your mobile devices. Here, the default layout of the controller can be used. So gaming on mobile devices will be easier with this.
You can use Bluetooth to connect the PS4 controller to the mobile device because the same Bluetooth connectivity technique is used when connecting the PS4 controller to the PS4 console. This guide will cover all the details you should know when connecting your PS4 controller to your mobile device.
How Do I Connect A PS4 Controller to My Android Device?
Yes, this will make gaming easier on your Android device. Moreover, the controller enables the navigation around the Android interface. Sometimes the control buttons will not function as the way you expect. But you can find a solution to this problem.
Let’s jump into the steps.
1. Unplug the PS4 controller from the PS4 console.
2. Press the Share and PS buttons at the same time and hold down them for a few seconds.
3. Stop holding the buttons when the controller begins to blink in white. Now the controller is in ready-state to connect with the Android device
4. Move on to your Android device and go to Settings.
5. Hit the “Bluetooth & device connection“.
6. Hit the “Pair new device“.
Your Android device will start to scan for the PS4 controller. The controller will appear in the device list after a few seconds. Tap on it.
Once the connection is successfully established, blinking on the controller will stop.
How Do I Connect A PS4 Controller to My iOS Device?
Though this process is also simple as the previous one, your iPhone or iPad must run on the iOS version 13 to connect it to the PS4 controller. So your iOS device is not running on the iOS 13, then go to Settings->General->Software Update and update your device to the latest iOS version. Once the update is done, then follow the below steps to pair your iPhone or iPad with your PS4 controller.
- Unplug the PS4 controller from the PS4 console.
- Press the Share and PS buttons at the same time and hold down them for a few seconds.
- Stop holding the buttons when the controller begins to blink in white. Now the controller is in ready-state to connect with your iOS device
- Move on to your iOS device and go to Settings->Bluetooth.
- Tap on the controller to pair it with the device.
- When the controller and the device are successfully connected, blinking on the controller will stop as in the previous method.
Now you can play games as well as navigate around on your iPhone or iPad using the PS4 controller.
How to Fix the Lag Issues?
Sometimes you can not get a consistent connection between the Android device and the PS4 controller. If the interruption occurs very often, then this will cause so much annoyance. You can avoid this by installing an app named Bluetooth Auto Connect on your Android device. This app is available in the Google Play Store. “Continuous Connect” which is an option in this app will help you to maintain a consistent connection between your Android device and the controller. Let’s see how to do that.
- Connect your Android device to the PS4 controller and open the “Bluetooth Auto Connect” app on the Android device.
- Tap on the “Advanced Options”.
- Then tap on the “Continuous Connect (Sec)”.
- Type any number between 2 and 10 and tap on the “OK” in the popup.
Now you can continuously have a stable connection without any interruption. If the current number does not work properly for you, then you can change it.
How to Customize the Game Controls to Fit with the PS4 Controller?
If you have any prior experience in playing games on an Android device using a PS4 controller then you’d experienced that certain game control options are not fully optimized for the PS4 controller. This happens because most of the games for mobile devices still do not support external controllers.
Don’t worry. There is a solution to everything. For this issue, you can install a key remapper app called Octopus and change the functionality of each control key on your Android device. That way you can remap your game controls to properly perform with the PS4 controller.
Remapping process is really simple. Download and install the Octopus on your Android device, add the game you want to the list and then just start to customize the game controls.
How Do I Disconnect the PS4 Controller from My Android or iOS Device?
Follow the below steps to disconnect the PS4 controller from your mobile device after finishing playing games and connect it back to the PS4 console.
- Go to the Settings app on your iOS or Android device and open the Bluetooth option.
- Find the PS4 controller in the device list. Then tap and hold on it.
- Tap on the DISCONNECT button followed by the FORGET button.
- Now the controller has been disconnected from the mobile device and it is in ready state to pair with the PS4 console. Connect the PS4 controller to the console using a USB cable.
- Press the PS button on the controller.
We have covered a lot of areas regarding connecting your mobile device to a PS4 controller, fixing the lag issues, customizing the game controls and disconnecting it from the mobile devices. So if you face any issue feel free to comment them in the comment section.
1 thought on “How to Connect a PS4 Controller To An Android or iOS Device”
Thank you very much for detailed guide. I am using Note 9 and it works perfectly.