Google search bar can be found on the home screen of all the latest Android devices. If you can not find it on your device’s home screen, do not worry you can get it easily with just a few steps.
As you already know, the Google Search bar is a search widget and it is integrated with the Google app. With this, you can search for whatever things you want, like the latest news, movie time, nearby restaurants, and much more from your Android device’s home screen easily and instantly without opening your browser.
Most of the Android users purposefully remove this search bar from the home screen because they do not use it frequently or they want their home screen only reserved for the wallpaper and other app shortcut icons. Sometimes you may have accidentally deleted it from the home screen or deleted the Google app. No matter what happened, you can get it back and use the Google app’s fast search feature on your Android phone back. Let’s get started.
How to Get Missing Google Search Bar Back on Your Android Device’s Home Screen with Google App?
Note: To have the Google Search bar on your home screen, you should have the Google app already installed on your Android device. If you do not have, then download it from Google Play Store and install it on your device. Normally this app comes on your Android device by default.
Keep in mind that here, we explain the steps related to the Samsung Grand Prime 4G. But the steps may vary according to your Android device’s brand and the model.
- Go to the home screen of your Android device.
- Long-press on the empty area on your home screen or pinch and zoom on your home screen.
- Your home screen will go into the edit mode.
- Tap on the Widgets icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Now you can see all the widgets you can find on your device. From them find the Google App option by swiping right.
- When you find it, tap on it.
- Press and hold on the search bar and move it to position it wherever you want on the home screen.
- Quit the edit mode.
- That’s it. Now you can enjoy the fast search feature from your home screen. You can have the Google search bar until you remove it from your home screen or remove the Google app itself from your Android device.
If you want to resize the search bar, you can do it inside the edit mode as well as outside the edit mode. Just follow the below steps.
- Long-press on the Google search bar for a few seconds.
- Then suddenly release the press.
- Now you can use the yellow-colored resize frame, which is around the search bar to resize it.
How to Get Missing Google Search Bar Back on Your Android Device’s Home Screen with Google Chrome?
If you do not have the Google app already installed on your device and you are not interested in downloading and installing it either or you frequently use Google Chrome for searching, then you can add the Google Search bar on the home screen with Google Chrome. This search widget is integrated with Google Chrome on Android. When you use this search widget to search something, you are directly launching the Google Chrome browser from your home screen.
First of all, check whether you have Google Chrome (which comes by default) already installed on your device. If you do not have, then download it from Google Play Store and install it. Then follow the same steps mentioned in the earlier section. Instead of searching for the Google App option, here you have to search for the Google Chrome Widgets option from the widget list. You will see the Google Search bar widget on that Google Chrome section.
How to Get Missing Google Search Bar Back on Your Android Device’s Home Screen with Google Now Launcher?
Google Now Launcher app, one of the most popular Android Launcher apps among Android users, comes up with the Google Search bar and many other useful features.
But Google does not support this app anymore. So you have to download and install an unofficial version of Google Now Launcher from Google. But before downloading the app, ensure that you have permission to use it and it is a legitimate version.
How to Delete the Google Search Bar from Android Home Screen?
- Press and hold on the Google Search bar for a few seconds.
- The home screen will go to the edit mode, and you will see a Remove option at the top-center of the screen.
- Then move the search bar on top of the Remove option and then suddenly release the hold. Now the search bar will be removed from the home screen.
How to Delete Google Search Bar History?
Google Search bar is integrated with the Google browser. That means if you search something on the Google Search bar, it will directly go to the Google browser app on your device. So if you want to delete your Google Search bar history, then you will have to delete the history of your Google browser. So to delete browsing history, follow the below steps.
- Open the Google browser on your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on History.
- Tap on Clear Browsing Data.
- Select the data types you want to delete.
- Tap on Clear option. Now your browsing data will be deleted.
We hope that our guide will help you in getting back the missing Google Search bar on the home screen of your Android device. If you find this article helpful, do not forget to share it with your friends to help more people. Moreover, feel free to mention your issues and suggestions in the comment section. We are here to help you.