Do you know that you can forward not only emails but also the text messages on your Android phone to another person? Yes. It is super easy. You can even send the funny reaction GIF that one of your friends sent to you to anyone you want with just a few clicks. Let’s begin.
Note: Here, we use the Samsung Grand Prime 4G phone to describe the steps. The steps may vary according to your Android phone’s brand and the model.
How to Forward a Text Message on Your Android Phone Directly?
- Open the Message app on your phone.
- Select the text message you want to forward.
- Tap and hold on the selected message until a popup appears.
- Tap on the “Forward” option in the popup.
- Now you will see the “New message” screen. There, type the contact number or contact name saved in your contact list that you want to forward the message, in the “Enter recipients” text box at the top of the screen. Or you can select a preferred contact from your contact list by tapping on the contact icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- If you want to add new text to the original message that you are going to forward, you can also do it easily.
- At last, tap on the send button at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
That is pretty simple, isn’t it?
How to Forward Text Messages to Email on Your Android Phone Automatically?
Though email has been used as the primary method to send messages between two people for the last two decades, text messages have beat that over the last decade.
However, it is not a good idea to use text messaging as the method for remembering something, permanently saving something, or just organizing it. So it is better to forward your important text messages to your email account so that you can easily find and refer them later.
For that, you need to download and install a third-party app that allows you to forward text messages on your phone to your email account. You can find numerous apps on the Google Play Store. Before downloading and installing any app on your phone, make sure it has a lot of positive reviews and high ratings. Here, we use one of the great apps called “SMS to phone/mail – auto redirect” for forwarding text messages to an email. Let’s get started.
1. Download and install “SMS to phone/mail – auto redirect” from Google Play Store.
2. Open the app.
3. Tap on the Next button.
4. Again tap on the Next button.
5. Tap on the To Accept button.
6. Enter the email address you want to forward your text messages.
7. Then tap on the tick icon at the top-right corner or bottom-right corner of the screen.
8. Enter the text message you want to send in the Test Message text box.
9. Tap on the Send.
You will receive a new email containing the text that you sent in your inbox.
Keep in mind that your phone should be connected to an Internet connection before starting the forwarding process.
Conclusion – Forward Text Messages on Android
Now, you know how to forward your text messages on your Android phone to another person or your email account. You can try both methods according to your need. If you face any problems, feel free to mention them in the comment section. Or let us know any other successful methods that you have tried out.